Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hoppin' John, a Southern Tradition

It's a Southern Tradition that if you eat Black-eyed peas on rice
on the first day of the New Year (Called Hoppin' John), you'll have
good luck all year through. My cute Katie and Mike put together
a Hoppin' John Party and invited the Thompson Crew.
Here we are together...



Eliza, showing you what it's all about.



Savanna and I, she's telling me a good one.



Steve Tate, and Warren Shuman with Cute Mike near the Big Pot (say a tearful good-bye
to my old kitchen)



Doug and I (I sure do love that man), isn't he cute!



Katie and Brent



Playing Ultimate Craphead



Who is the Ultimate Craphead? I didn't hear you Chris.



Another loser, but just for one round. She's a winner in my book, especially
since she's carrying #12 grandchild. Way to go Katie!!

3 comments:

Fisher Family said...

What a fun tradition! It looks like it was a really fun party! How is your new little granddaughter doing? Thanks for keeping in touch and letting us know about her! We need to get together soon. When are you free?

Kara said...

Great pics Aunt Teresa! Honestly, the other day I was craving your hoppin john so badly. Delish!

Sara M. Taylor said...

Okay. Those pictures are hilarious of CHris and Katie. Love the baby alpaca hat with the goggles. Wish we could have been there. Loving and missing you!